Built On His Gospel
kinda a little bit crazy but there was a small breakout of missionaries in our mission getting covid so almost the whole mission is quarantined right now. BUT we are the lucky ones that aren't !! we have seen many miracles from this past week. our whole district is in quarantine except us so the first day of quarantine we said we were going to go triple as hard for the other companionships in quarantine. so that day Heavenly Father blessed us & the work so much. three people that day accepted dates to be baptized & they are super excited !!
I was reflecting on my mission a bit this week & I remember my first couple days in the field thinking to myself as I sat at my little dinky kitchen table that my biggest fear is that I will hate the next 18 months of my life. fast forward 9 months & I am currently sitting at a different kitchen table with two dogs at my feet & a baby screaming & instead my thought is I am the happiest person in the world. there is a verse I read this week that I absolutely loved, it says, "But if it be not built upon my gospel, and is built upon the works of men, or upon the works of the devil, verily I say unto you they have joy in their works for a season." (3 Nephi 27:11) I love reversing this verse: if it is built on His gospel & not the works of men or the devil then we will have joy forever. what an AMAZING promise!! it's just that simple, if our heart is truly converted to and built on His gospel we will have never ending joy as opposed to a short season of instant gratification. that enduring eternal joy feels different than any other form of happiness I have ever felt. it may be simple but that does not mean easy. but I do know that the Savior's strength to uphold us through difficult trials is more than we as humans can even comprehend. I have felt that strength day after day & I am trying to learn how to best rely on Him in this great work.
this week we were visiting one of our friends & we taught her the plan of happiness. that perfect and beautiful plan. after we talked about all that God has in store for her we said how do you feel? she very emotionally turned to us and simply replied with, "I love it." those simple words reaffirmed my testimony of that perfect plan.
this week we were blessed with such amazing beautiful weather here in Heavensville. as we overlooked the river & saw all of the beautiful fall trees I was overwhelmed with a gratitude for the creation of this beautiful earth. the beauty of it simple made me want to strive to always be better for we have been blessed with so much. I need to always love, forgive, change, and express gratitude. we are blessed more than we can even comprehend. one thing I am constantly so grateful for is the opportunity to be here & to serve my favorite people in the world. the marshallese people have become a huge part of my everyday life & I pray that they will be a huge part of my life in this life & in the life to come & quite simply forever.
I was reflecting on my mission a bit this week & I remember my first couple days in the field thinking to myself as I sat at my little dinky kitchen table that my biggest fear is that I will hate the next 18 months of my life. fast forward 9 months & I am currently sitting at a different kitchen table with two dogs at my feet & a baby screaming & instead my thought is I am the happiest person in the world. there is a verse I read this week that I absolutely loved, it says, "But if it be not built upon my gospel, and is built upon the works of men, or upon the works of the devil, verily I say unto you they have joy in their works for a season." (3 Nephi 27:11) I love reversing this verse: if it is built on His gospel & not the works of men or the devil then we will have joy forever. what an AMAZING promise!! it's just that simple, if our heart is truly converted to and built on His gospel we will have never ending joy as opposed to a short season of instant gratification. that enduring eternal joy feels different than any other form of happiness I have ever felt. it may be simple but that does not mean easy. but I do know that the Savior's strength to uphold us through difficult trials is more than we as humans can even comprehend. I have felt that strength day after day & I am trying to learn how to best rely on Him in this great work.
this week we were visiting one of our friends & we taught her the plan of happiness. that perfect and beautiful plan. after we talked about all that God has in store for her we said how do you feel? she very emotionally turned to us and simply replied with, "I love it." those simple words reaffirmed my testimony of that perfect plan.
this week we were blessed with such amazing beautiful weather here in Heavensville. as we overlooked the river & saw all of the beautiful fall trees I was overwhelmed with a gratitude for the creation of this beautiful earth. the beauty of it simple made me want to strive to always be better for we have been blessed with so much. I need to always love, forgive, change, and express gratitude. we are blessed more than we can even comprehend. one thing I am constantly so grateful for is the opportunity to be here & to serve my favorite people in the world. the marshallese people have become a huge part of my everyday life & I pray that they will be a huge part of my life in this life & in the life to come & quite simply forever.


