"It is written"

Today marks 5 months !! it's been such a crazy week wow!! we dropped off Sister Gordon on Tuesday and she headed out to Shelbyville, we miss her lots. I got to pick up my new companion on Friday!! her name is Sister Brunsdale and she is from Utah and she has been out about 10 months. I love her!! & we are super excited for this transfer. she's one of those people that you just wonder why are they so nice? it's been kinda crazy to think that I have spent my whole mission in this area and at the end of this transfer I will have spent a third of my mission here.... also sad news- President and Sister Hughes are going home tomorrow:( but President and Sister Alder get here tonight & we are SUPER excited for them !! ALSO Byron got baptized on Wednesday WOOHOO, greatest day of my life. so many good things.

Sister Phelon and I had a super cool experience this week. we were coming back for our first night in Woodhaven and some stuff had gone down awhile back and the apartment has been empty for a little bit and we just felt like the spirit wasn't able to be there and it was not good. so we knelt down to pray and to invite that spirit back so that we could feel comfortable and be able to have a home where the spirit can guide us and direct us and allow us to grow. it was crazy the difference that that prayer made. the spirit was then able to be there and it's just so amazing how important the Holy Ghost is. the moments when I can't feel him near me are the moments where I realize how important he is to have as a constant companion. I am beyond grateful for that gift Heavenly Father has given me among many others. I will continually strive to allow him to be a HUGE and essential part of my life.

I started studying Matthew a lot this week and I have absolutely LOVED it!! one of my favorite parts that I have been studying so far has been chapter 4. as the Savior is tempted his responses to Satan include the phrase "it is written." and I love that so much because clearly Jesus Christ has full strength to overcome anything and part of His strength comes from His knowledge of the word of God. we too are able to draw from that strength as we study the word of God. how lucky are we?? one thing I have grown to love has been those studies. not going to lie before my mission I really didn't like to study at all but I have been so so grateful to gain a love for something that has absolutely changed my life. this gospel is so good, God is SO good!!














Popular posts from this blog

"The Lord Loves Effort!"

The Blessed Struggle