Hope For A Better World
Wow, what a CRAZY week it has been. We got a call Thursday morning and we have now been put under what one would call "shelter." We can leave to go to the grocery store and an occasional lesson with young people (which we are so blessed to be able to do still) but otherwise we are in our apartments. There truly are so many positives to everything going on right now.
I was studying in Joseph Smith History the other day and verse 20 says, "It seems as though the adversary was aware, at a very early period of my life, that I was destined to prove a disturber and an annoyer of his kingdom; else why should the powers of darkness combine against me? Why the opposition and persecution that arose against me, almost in my infancy?" The adversary is very aware of what miraculous things our Heavenly Father is capable of. This has become one of my most favorite verses and it applies to each of us individually. When the adversary tries SO hard with us it's because he KNOWS we are a disturber and an annoyer to his kingdom. How cool is that? I don't know I think it's just one of the coolest things and what better title to hold. I desire to strive to fulfill that title to the fullest. When the adversary is working on us we can take it as a compliment because he thinks we are strong enough to do something to disturb or annoy his kingdom. That brings me even more joy in opposition and more of a reason to completely rely on our loving Heavenly Father because he has already overcome everything.
As I have been able to have the opportunity to spend more time in study, I have come to realize how blessed we are to have this earth. It is so beautiful and perfect in every way. If this earth isn't proof enough that God loves us perfectly and unconditionally, then I don't know what is. This week I have learned for myself that I need to gain a better eternal perspective. My mission President always says that our missions don't end when we fly home and they don't even end when we die. For many reasons I am so grateful to be able to set aside this time to share what's most important to me but ultimately I'm more grateful that I can share and rejoice in this for the rest of eternity. These 18 months are the smallest fraction of my existence and I can't express how much gratitude and love I am filled with because of the plan of happiness that our Heavenly Father has provided for us. There is an incomprehensible amount of joy and beauty just waiting for us.
Ether 12:4 says, "Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God." There are no words to describe my excitement for the opportunity we all have to claim a place at the right hand of God. Our work is not yet finished on this earth and I am so grateful to be out here in Kentucky at this time. We are all so blessed to have such a loving Heavenly Father. I love you all and I am so happy to be here on this earth at this time to assist in fulfilling Heavenly Father's purpose.
I was studying in Joseph Smith History the other day and verse 20 says, "It seems as though the adversary was aware, at a very early period of my life, that I was destined to prove a disturber and an annoyer of his kingdom; else why should the powers of darkness combine against me? Why the opposition and persecution that arose against me, almost in my infancy?" The adversary is very aware of what miraculous things our Heavenly Father is capable of. This has become one of my most favorite verses and it applies to each of us individually. When the adversary tries SO hard with us it's because he KNOWS we are a disturber and an annoyer to his kingdom. How cool is that? I don't know I think it's just one of the coolest things and what better title to hold. I desire to strive to fulfill that title to the fullest. When the adversary is working on us we can take it as a compliment because he thinks we are strong enough to do something to disturb or annoy his kingdom. That brings me even more joy in opposition and more of a reason to completely rely on our loving Heavenly Father because he has already overcome everything.
As I have been able to have the opportunity to spend more time in study, I have come to realize how blessed we are to have this earth. It is so beautiful and perfect in every way. If this earth isn't proof enough that God loves us perfectly and unconditionally, then I don't know what is. This week I have learned for myself that I need to gain a better eternal perspective. My mission President always says that our missions don't end when we fly home and they don't even end when we die. For many reasons I am so grateful to be able to set aside this time to share what's most important to me but ultimately I'm more grateful that I can share and rejoice in this for the rest of eternity. These 18 months are the smallest fraction of my existence and I can't express how much gratitude and love I am filled with because of the plan of happiness that our Heavenly Father has provided for us. There is an incomprehensible amount of joy and beauty just waiting for us.
Ether 12:4 says, "Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God." There are no words to describe my excitement for the opportunity we all have to claim a place at the right hand of God. Our work is not yet finished on this earth and I am so grateful to be out here in Kentucky at this time. We are all so blessed to have such a loving Heavenly Father. I love you all and I am so happy to be here on this earth at this time to assist in fulfilling Heavenly Father's purpose.





