Anij EMMAN !! (God is GOOD)
Little highlights but this week we had MLC (mission leadership conference) & interviews w/ President & Sister Alder which are always amazing !! they are such spiritual giants and my biggest examples !!
miracle !!! so about two months ago we got to go to that keemem (that HUGE marshallese party) & there was a little girl who was SO adorable and she kinda followed us around all night but we didn't know where she came from. as we were leaving I had the blanket they gave us wrapped around me and I turned around and she was under the blanket walking behind me to the car & right after that I turned to sister hassler & I said we have to find where she lives and teach her family because she is so cute!! so a couple days ago we were contemplating going to visit this family that hadn't been visited in a long while and we almost didn't go but we decided to go. so I knocked on the door and that little girl answered the door!!!! my insides were screaming, I was freaking out. WE FOUND HER !!! finally & her family was SO sweet & would love us to come teach them !! YAY!!
one of my absolute favorite people in the world is Lemjen, she is one of the many reasons I am beyond grateful to have served a mission. we visited her this week & she was making chicken in her garage and she wanted to make us dinner. & it is always the hugest expression of kindness to me when the marshallese people want to feed us because a lot of them struggle to get food for themselves most of the time but they ALWAYS give. I've said it a thousand times but truly the marshallese people are the most selfless people I've ever met. I am SO grateful for them & I will probably strive for the rest of forever to be like them and to be able to allow them to always be apart of my life. sometimes when we are in their community I just dont feel like I am in the states. I feel like I dont have to worry about anything except loving people because that is what their entire culture is about. all the people in the islands just help each other & they all just live in love and kindness and have a culture based on that. I love that w/ my whole heart. after all, without charity we are nothing. everyday I don't have to worry about politics, racism, corona, and any other difficulties going on in the world right now. I am so blessed to be able to step into a culture everyday which allows me to feel so much love and to feel so close to my Savior.
I kinda had a little wake up call this week. we got a new elder who is learning marshallese & he is always so excited about the new things he is learning and I was reflecting on when I first got here and I was like that. & over the past transfer I began to be ungrateful and try to rely on my own strength. & I realized that truly the Savior has strengthened and carried me more than I could even express gratitude for these past couple months. without him I would not be here and without him I would not know some of my favorite people on the world. he truly has done everything for me & throughout this past week I tried to rely on his strength more and I was able to see many sweet little tender mercies. his strength truly is like nothing else.
miracle !!! so about two months ago we got to go to that keemem (that HUGE marshallese party) & there was a little girl who was SO adorable and she kinda followed us around all night but we didn't know where she came from. as we were leaving I had the blanket they gave us wrapped around me and I turned around and she was under the blanket walking behind me to the car & right after that I turned to sister hassler & I said we have to find where she lives and teach her family because she is so cute!! so a couple days ago we were contemplating going to visit this family that hadn't been visited in a long while and we almost didn't go but we decided to go. so I knocked on the door and that little girl answered the door!!!! my insides were screaming, I was freaking out. WE FOUND HER !!! finally & her family was SO sweet & would love us to come teach them !! YAY!!
one of my absolute favorite people in the world is Lemjen, she is one of the many reasons I am beyond grateful to have served a mission. we visited her this week & she was making chicken in her garage and she wanted to make us dinner. & it is always the hugest expression of kindness to me when the marshallese people want to feed us because a lot of them struggle to get food for themselves most of the time but they ALWAYS give. I've said it a thousand times but truly the marshallese people are the most selfless people I've ever met. I am SO grateful for them & I will probably strive for the rest of forever to be like them and to be able to allow them to always be apart of my life. sometimes when we are in their community I just dont feel like I am in the states. I feel like I dont have to worry about anything except loving people because that is what their entire culture is about. all the people in the islands just help each other & they all just live in love and kindness and have a culture based on that. I love that w/ my whole heart. after all, without charity we are nothing. everyday I don't have to worry about politics, racism, corona, and any other difficulties going on in the world right now. I am so blessed to be able to step into a culture everyday which allows me to feel so much love and to feel so close to my Savior.
I kinda had a little wake up call this week. we got a new elder who is learning marshallese & he is always so excited about the new things he is learning and I was reflecting on when I first got here and I was like that. & over the past transfer I began to be ungrateful and try to rely on my own strength. & I realized that truly the Savior has strengthened and carried me more than I could even express gratitude for these past couple months. without him I would not be here and without him I would not know some of my favorite people on the world. he truly has done everything for me & throughout this past week I tried to rely on his strength more and I was able to see many sweet little tender mercies. his strength truly is like nothing else.







