The Keemem

Not even kidding, probably the best week of my mission & life. emmantata ippa!! I always wish I could explain in words why the best weeks are the best weeks but I can't write down those special feelings & experiences in words.

We had a once in a lifetime opportunity to go to a marshallese keemem!! a keemem is a baby's first birthday & it is the biggest celebration in marshallese culture. everybody told me it was a large celebration but it blew my mind. we got there and there were over 500 marshallese people there just gathered in this park dancing & singing together!! it was a dream. the four of us were the only ripelles there & we definitely stuck out. but in marshallese culture they have very high respect for preachers & missionaries so they set us at this table in the very front that was filled w/ food & they were the kindest to us & they didn't even know us. they "tried" to teach us how to dance & we were able to spend the evening dancing & singing w/ the wonderful marshallese people & their adorable children !! I wish I could have brought every single one of you w/ me, it FILLED my heart w/ SO much joy, I cannot even express it. the marshallese people are the most loving & selfless people I know. they don't usually have much but they are so willing and wanting to give everything they have to others. they are SO special & they have a huge piece of my heart & they always will.


Side note: Heavenly Father definitely knows I just need a party w/ my favorite people to push me forward!!

Story- so we have been in somewhat of a donut war with the elders because they know we are trying to eat better so they keep dropping off donuts. so I found a mouse outside of someone's house & may or may not have put it in a bag and biked it home so we could put it in the donut box & drop it off @ the zone leaders.... I will follow up on how that turns out.

Thought- this week I was studying diligence a bit & I was reading Mosiah 4:27 which says, "for it is not requisite that a man should run faster than he has strength. and again, it is expedient that he should be diligent, that thereby he might win the prize; therefore, all things must be done in order." that has always been one of my favorite verses but as I read it in marshallese the word for diligent was faithful & I loved that because diligence is so highly connected to our faith. & it is always so important to remain faithful in our works, thoughts, & deeds. our faith in our Savior is what allows us to have unimaginable joy & rest in this life.

I am SO grateful for my Savior & his hand in all of our lives. I am so so so lucky to have the opportunity to he a disciple of Jesus Christ & wear his name over my heart everyday. I cannot express my love & gratitude for my Savior, his restored gospel, & these wonderful people I get to serve & love every day. God is SO good!!

















Popular posts from this blog

"The Lord Loves Effort!"

The Blessed Struggle

"It is written"