Iakwe Emool

iakwe aelop! funny story- the other day we were biking to someone's house through a park & these kids came up to us and one said, "can I get your snapchat?" and I looked @ my comp very confused and whispered, "what's snapchat?".... so that was embarrassing, kinda forgot what snapchat was.
I got to go on an exchange w the hermanas this week which I LOVED!! we went to visit this woman & she was SO cool. she was kind of telling us her life story & her conversion story and she said so many times, "see look, I am so much smarter when I am not on cocaine." & it kinda made me laugh but I also loved it so so much !! she was so open about the mistakes she's made a recognized fully the blessings God gave her as she followed his commandments. and I loved it because we all have that thing that keeps us from being (spiritually) smarter. so she was a super cool example to me !!

I was studying charity this week & charity in marshallese is iakwe emool which directly translated means love that is true. & that was super cool to me because as we have faith in truth our love becomes rooted in that truth & so does our desire to change & become more like our Savior. as we show our love through actions based on the foundation of our faith in the truth of the gospel of Jesus Christ, we act in charity & we are able to act in the love that is true. charity is so crucial to everything, that we are even instructed if we have not charity we are nothing. something I reflected on a lot this week is why that charity is so important & it opened my eyes to a lot of important things about my purpose in this life.

we had zone conference this week which was SO amazing !! & we watched this absolutely amazing video of Will Smith talking about the fear involved w/ skydiving. he said two things that have just really stuck with me all week. the first thing he said was, "the point of maximum danger is the point of minimum fear." & I loved that because I don't need all that fear in me about certain things because when the moment I was afraid of comes, I dont have that fear. sometimes I have let that fear hold me back, sometimes I have let that stop me from courageously following God's plan for me. there is no room for fear in our faith. my favorite thing that he said was, "God placed the best things in life on the other side of fear." SO GOOD. overcoming fear is one of my favorite things. going to college was so scary to me, serving a mission was so scary to me, & learning a language is so scary to me. but once i am in the midst of doing those things i can feel the peace & rest of my Savior as i understand that he knows how that fear feels & all of those things are part of His plan for ME. so go search for best things in life on the other side of your fear !!

sometimes life is very scary & sometimes it is very hard and that's okay. someone told me one happiness myth is that we as humans should be happy ALL the time & if we arent we are defective. crappy things are going to happen, we will always have opposition but we have to rely on our Savior to allow us to feel steady & restful through that opposition. just because we have a Savior that doesn't mean it will always be sunshine and rainbows. but it does mean that we will always be okay, he will always support us & lift us & guide us as we focus on Him.










Popular posts from this blog

"The Lord Loves Effort!"

The Blessed Struggle

"It is written"