Miracles On Miracles

We're back!! Update: we are now in what one would call a 60/40 and we can basically do everything except tract! YAY!! as far as missionary work goes with the protesting and riots going on, we are kinda a couple blocks from them so we just have to be in our apartment by 9 and avoid those areas. well I thought last week was crazy until I got to this one. but y'all, what an amazing week! Heavenly Father is SO aware it blows my mind every day.

Miracle #1
In our district chat we have a daily challenge and a couple days ago our challenge was to find a person named Jordan. We searched high and low. We visited every Jordan we know (6) and called every Jordan we know and nobody was home and nobody answered. So we searched the name Jordan Johnson on white pages because there's gotta be a Jordan Johnson and we found one like a mile away so we were pumped and then were on our way! Little did we know he lived in a little sketch area oops and unluckily he wasn't home either. It was 8:59 and we realized there was one Jordan we hadn't called somehow. I remembered a quote by Dieter F. Uchtdorf that says, "God rewards those who earnestly seek him, so we need to keep knocking. Sisters, don’t give up. Seek God with all your heart." So we decided to pray and then call our last Jordan. We called and he answered!! Not only did he answer but he wants us to come by and teach him in a few days!! God truly does reward us for our efforts, no effort is wasted!!

Miracle #2
Yesterday we were going to visit a lady named Faiza and on our way home we walked past this little kid. He asked us if we were school teachers and then we kinda explained what we get to do as missionaries and he got excited and said oh my friend likes God let me go get him. So he took us to his friends house and we kinda asked him if we could come talk to him about God sometime and he just said why not right now and of course we were like well ABSOLUTELY!! so we start talking to him and he starts talking about his love for God. He asks us how we gained our testimonies so we were able to share those experiences with him. As we spoke he continued to put his hand over his heart and kept telling us he was feeling something super strong. We helped him identify that Heavenly Father was helping him to feel the truth and His love through the spirit. He loved that and he got really excited!! Tajae is a special dude and we LOVE him. Lives truly do change behind doors, everyday, everyday, everyday!!

I was in awe so many times and Heavenly Father's hand in the lives of ALL of His children. He truly does direct us to where we need to be at the time we need to be there. The world is in a bit of turmoil right now but God still constantly has His hand in everything. Russell M. Nelson said, "In a coming day, you will present yourself before the Savior. You will be overwhelmed to the point of tears to be in His holy presence. You will struggle to find words to thank Him for paying for your sins, for forgiving you of any unkindness towards others, for healing you from the injuries or injustices of this life." The Savior's sacrifice is infinite and full of love. In a world full of hatred and grief right now the Savior's sacrifice is still infinite and enabling as ever. God's love for His children is unconditional and clear especially during this time. A common question I've been asked while being out here is "why does God allow these bad things to happen to His children if He loves them?" I'm sure I don't fully understand but one thing I've learned is how important trust is yet how hard it can be. Our loving Heavenly Father can ALWAYS see the bigger, more joyful, eternal perspective. How grateful I am to have a Father in Heaven who perfectly knows and is more than willing to direct me when I allow Him too!

I have no words to express my gratitude for my Savior and for this gospel at this time. I don't know where I would be without it and I am so grateful to be a representative of Him today. What a blessing and an opportunity.







Popular posts from this blog

"The Lord Loves Effort!"

The Blessed Struggle

"It is written"