Fireflies = Joy
Changes are coming, we have got a crazy looking week next week! We got transfer calls and I'm losing Stevie (and Sister Gordon and Sister Woolley I guess) jk I will miss them a crap ton:( and I will be headed "back" to the blessed land of Woodhaven. It's hard to think of what to write when the week feels like it lasted for a minute. Ever since we have been able to get out again time has been moving so fast!!
GOOD NEWS- the guy we always go on bike rides with is one of my absolute favorite people ever. We have been able to have some super cool experiences with him this week. He has been meeting with missionaries for about 30 years and when I first got into this area the elders serving there before basically said don't worry about him, he won't ever be baptized & guess what??!! He is on target to be baptized this Wednesday!! If y'all could keep Byron in your prayers that would be awesome!! he is the absolute best, it's been my favorite experiences to be able to see the atonement work in him.
This transfer has definitely been a different one but its been so good. One of the things I've been most grateful for is the studies that I have been able to have. Because of the situation, at the beginning of the transfer I would get around 3 hours for personal study most mornings and it was absolutely amazing. GOD IS SO GOOD!! one of my favorite things I heard this week was "Let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me." I think one thing that I've always searched for and will always continue to search for is peace, no matter what the situation is. I absolutely LOVE that peace can ALWAYS be found through our Savior. Hard times will always come but the Savior will always be here. I think I've been told my whole life that Jesus Christ never leaves our side but there have been moments this transfer where I have wondered how I can actually feel the Savior's support and love. In 3 Nephi 17 you can clearly see the love the Savior has for His people. Just like Jesus Christ showed His love to those people by healing them, praying for them, and weeping with them. Christ is still reaching out to us now in those same ways, the heavens are open. He is praying for us and healing us in ways that we arent even aware of. Sometimes I've got to get over myself and realize that the Savior is lifting me every single day. I couldn't assist in God's work at all without my Savior.
We have so much to be thankful for it blows my mind. This week I read this:
"Any increase in our understanding of His atoning sacrifice draws us closer to Him. Literally, the atonement means 'at one' with Him. The nature of the atonement and its effects is so infinite, so unfathomable, and so profound that it lies beyond the knowledge and comprehension of mortal men." We are so blessed with a loving Heavenly Father who simply wants to let us grow and bless us. this doesn't mean that we will always be happy. but even if we aren't happy we can still be at peace. Jesus Christ himself wept on multiple occasions. In Verse 21 of 3 Nephi 17 it says, "And when he had said these words, he wept, and the multitude bare record of it, and he took their little children, one by one, and blessed them, and prayed unto the Father for them." Jesus Christ amidst his ministry wept for those people, He loved them so much. that's AMAZING!! we are so blessed.
anyways, I love yall and President Hughes said something in his email today that I loved, he said no one can deny that God lives when you have seen fireflies. It's just so undeniable!! we caught some fireflies last night, I'd say "studies" have shown that they bring joy so go get em!!
GOOD NEWS- the guy we always go on bike rides with is one of my absolute favorite people ever. We have been able to have some super cool experiences with him this week. He has been meeting with missionaries for about 30 years and when I first got into this area the elders serving there before basically said don't worry about him, he won't ever be baptized & guess what??!! He is on target to be baptized this Wednesday!! If y'all could keep Byron in your prayers that would be awesome!! he is the absolute best, it's been my favorite experiences to be able to see the atonement work in him.
This transfer has definitely been a different one but its been so good. One of the things I've been most grateful for is the studies that I have been able to have. Because of the situation, at the beginning of the transfer I would get around 3 hours for personal study most mornings and it was absolutely amazing. GOD IS SO GOOD!! one of my favorite things I heard this week was "Let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me." I think one thing that I've always searched for and will always continue to search for is peace, no matter what the situation is. I absolutely LOVE that peace can ALWAYS be found through our Savior. Hard times will always come but the Savior will always be here. I think I've been told my whole life that Jesus Christ never leaves our side but there have been moments this transfer where I have wondered how I can actually feel the Savior's support and love. In 3 Nephi 17 you can clearly see the love the Savior has for His people. Just like Jesus Christ showed His love to those people by healing them, praying for them, and weeping with them. Christ is still reaching out to us now in those same ways, the heavens are open. He is praying for us and healing us in ways that we arent even aware of. Sometimes I've got to get over myself and realize that the Savior is lifting me every single day. I couldn't assist in God's work at all without my Savior.
We have so much to be thankful for it blows my mind. This week I read this:
"Any increase in our understanding of His atoning sacrifice draws us closer to Him. Literally, the atonement means 'at one' with Him. The nature of the atonement and its effects is so infinite, so unfathomable, and so profound that it lies beyond the knowledge and comprehension of mortal men." We are so blessed with a loving Heavenly Father who simply wants to let us grow and bless us. this doesn't mean that we will always be happy. but even if we aren't happy we can still be at peace. Jesus Christ himself wept on multiple occasions. In Verse 21 of 3 Nephi 17 it says, "And when he had said these words, he wept, and the multitude bare record of it, and he took their little children, one by one, and blessed them, and prayed unto the Father for them." Jesus Christ amidst his ministry wept for those people, He loved them so much. that's AMAZING!! we are so blessed.
anyways, I love yall and President Hughes said something in his email today that I loved, he said no one can deny that God lives when you have seen fireflies. It's just so undeniable!! we caught some fireflies last night, I'd say "studies" have shown that they bring joy so go get em!!












