The Blessed Struggle
Definitely many changes this week!! I'm still here in good old beautiful woodhaven but Sister West has left sadly:( howeverrrrrr I got a new companion, Hermana Patterson!! She's from Louisiana and she's been serving in Ecuador for the past couple months but has been reassigned here due to all virus stuff and whatnot. She's a way good cook so she's been eating good out here.
This week was full of lots of change of course. Change and uncertainty can be real uncomfy but thank goodness for the foundation our Savior can provide for us. Moroni 7:3 says, "the peaceable followers of Christ, and that have obtained a sufficient hope by which ye can enter into the rest of the Lord, from this time henceforth until ye shall rest with him in heaven." This verse is amazing!! Times of uncertainty and times of trial will always come but rest in and with the Lord is always available to us. He is continually reaching out to us even when we feel far away. God doesn't promise us we won't struggle or even that everything will be easy but He does promise us He will always be with us and guide us. Sometimes we are asked to do things that may seem hard or extremely inconvenient and we may wonder why God has asked that of us at a time when we thought we couldn't handle anymore. It kinda reminds me of that episode of Friends where Ross says, "what a weird way to kick me when I'm down." Sometimes I do feel like that but I know that God is ALWAYS loving us and guiding us to a better path because he knows us perfectly. Sometimes when we are down or struggling God knows the perfect thing may be just the right struggle to pull us up. It's kinda weird to think that a struggle is sometimes what we need to help us overcome another difficult time but I have felt that in my life. Opposition is obviously not my favorite hobby or anybody's favorite hobby (unless you're crazy) but it is one of the greatest uses of our time and one of the greatest blessings.
One of my favorite things about this week was our bike ride with one of my favorite people. Holy, I love him. He calls us his missionary bike gang and I've never been more proud to be in a gang. One of my absolute favorite things about my mission has been seeing the atonement change people's lives, especially his. This man was praying a bit ago and he said, "Dear God, I love your book, I am a big fan." That simple beautiful testimony was so important to me!! He is a great example to me of relying on the Savior to help us overcome and endure anything. Because of him I know that we can overcome anything that crosses our path.
I love my Savior and the love and guidance He has given me this week and throughout my life. I am so grateful for His life and example to me.
This week was full of lots of change of course. Change and uncertainty can be real uncomfy but thank goodness for the foundation our Savior can provide for us. Moroni 7:3 says, "the peaceable followers of Christ, and that have obtained a sufficient hope by which ye can enter into the rest of the Lord, from this time henceforth until ye shall rest with him in heaven." This verse is amazing!! Times of uncertainty and times of trial will always come but rest in and with the Lord is always available to us. He is continually reaching out to us even when we feel far away. God doesn't promise us we won't struggle or even that everything will be easy but He does promise us He will always be with us and guide us. Sometimes we are asked to do things that may seem hard or extremely inconvenient and we may wonder why God has asked that of us at a time when we thought we couldn't handle anymore. It kinda reminds me of that episode of Friends where Ross says, "what a weird way to kick me when I'm down." Sometimes I do feel like that but I know that God is ALWAYS loving us and guiding us to a better path because he knows us perfectly. Sometimes when we are down or struggling God knows the perfect thing may be just the right struggle to pull us up. It's kinda weird to think that a struggle is sometimes what we need to help us overcome another difficult time but I have felt that in my life. Opposition is obviously not my favorite hobby or anybody's favorite hobby (unless you're crazy) but it is one of the greatest uses of our time and one of the greatest blessings.
One of my favorite things about this week was our bike ride with one of my favorite people. Holy, I love him. He calls us his missionary bike gang and I've never been more proud to be in a gang. One of my absolute favorite things about my mission has been seeing the atonement change people's lives, especially his. This man was praying a bit ago and he said, "Dear God, I love your book, I am a big fan." That simple beautiful testimony was so important to me!! He is a great example to me of relying on the Savior to help us overcome and endure anything. Because of him I know that we can overcome anything that crosses our path.
I love my Savior and the love and guidance He has given me this week and throughout my life. I am so grateful for His life and example to me.




