Shoulder to Shoulder

Not gonna lie, probably one of the craziest weeks of my life. Little update, I got put in a trio today with Sister Gordon and Sister Woolley and we are over the Woodhaven and the Louisville YSA areas! They are fantastic and I love them so so much!! Its going to be a SOLID next 4ish weeks. Also I literally saw the cutest little puppy this week, highlight. PLUS, I've obviously experienced rain before but Sister Woolley and I experienced quite the rain. I felt like I was standing under a waterfall for a couple minutes and it was raining on the waterfall and then someone was standing at the top dumping buckets down the waterfall, it was so so fantastic. Okay and last highlight of the week, we got panda and ate it outside of the temple and now I think I know what heaven might just be like.

One thing I was studying still this week was opposition. 2 Corinthians 12:10 says, "Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distress for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, them am I strong." I love that weakness is central to growth and developing strength. Oftentimes the greatest things that happen in life are right after trial or difficulty. At the very beginning of my mission up until this point I constantly thought there's got to be a better way, what is this better way? It started to drive me crazy. I realized that I've been looking for that answer in the wrong spots. This work isn't going to be easy because salvation wasn't an easy price to pay. But level of difficulty isn't in direct correlation with level of sorrow or even enjoyment. We DO however get to stand shoulder to shoulder with Jesus Christ, the best missionary who has ever lived and nothing is of greater worth than that. The better way for me has been found through love. Love for God and love for ALL of His children. This love that God has for His children is what makes this work so amazing and perfect. As we are able to strive to love others as He loves us we can find that "better" way. As I have been blessed to be able to feel just a small portion of the love God has for all His children my state of opposition has been able to switch to a state of beautiful preparation. Preparation for this life and the life to come. One of my favorite things that I learned this week is that opposition or adversity is simply a state of preparation!

We got an amazing opportunity to have a zoom meeting with Elder Bednar and his wife this week! It was an amazing experience to hear from an apostle of God. One of my favorite things he said to us at the beginning was that he didn't want us to remember or listen to anything that they said but that we should listen to what God wants us to hear. I loved this because none of the questions asked were questions that I had but my questions were perfectly answered. I was so grateful for that opportunity, what amazing people!!

I know that God is SO so aware of us right now and He truly does want us to be happy:) this week I saw blessing on blessings and it is clear to me that Heavenly Father loves His children so much. What an amazing opportunity that we have to belong to someone so incredibly and unspeakably amazing. I cant express my gratitude for God's hand in my life and the lives of others around me this week. God is SO so good!!





Popular posts from this blog

"The Lord Loves Effort!"

The Blessed Struggle

"It is written"