Concerning Faith

One thing that has really been on my mind this week has been faith. Faith can be a really hard thing for me sometimes. This week I have kind of been questioning why the words of God have been given to us the way that they have been given. 3 Nephi 26:11 says, "Behold, I was about to write them, all which were engraved upon the plates of Nephi, but the Lord forbade it, saying: I will try the faith of my people." A test of faith is so crucial. Without being tested we could not progress and without progressing we lose the joy found through progression and the ability to return to our Heavenly home. Part of the definition of faith includes having confidence in something or someone. Jesus Christ has over and over revealed His true character including attributes of love, mercy, gratitude, diligence, and many more to their fullest. As we put our trust in our Savior who has been the perfect example to us we can continually progress to becoming like Him. Faith leads us to act. I've often heard that where there is true faith there are miracles.

This week we spent a lot of time in prayer for a miracle you could say. I struggled because nothing came of it and I wondered if my faith simply wasn't strong enough. Faith is still a confusing thing to me but one thing I have come to learn this week is how important prayer is to our faith. Prayer is the act of bringing the will of the Father and the will of the child into correspondence with each other. As we spend time in prayer with our Heavenly Father and spend time growing closer to our Savior, our desire will turn from wanting what we want to wanting what God wants in every situation no matter the magnitude of the outcome. Even though my prayer wasn't answered in the way I thought it should be God answered in a much better way with a much different outcome. In the midst of trial it is hard to look at the situation and express gratitude for how God is molding us and changing us but He always has a better path for us even if we think ours is good. (My ideas are usually trash honestly) It may be a harder path at times but it will ALWAYS be more than worth it in the end and we can always find joy through trials by relying on our Savior.

I know the power of prayer is more than we can comprehend. It's not quite like a genie where we can ask whatever we want to happen to happen but it's much better. We get to ask someone a lot more loving and a lot greater to make the best decision and we have the opportunity to let Him know we have full faith in Him. I know God is aware of every one of us individually and wants us to feel joy through Him right now.





Popular posts from this blog

"The Lord Loves Effort!"

The Blessed Struggle

"It is written"