Forget Him Not

This week my dreams came true. For the past few weeks I have been trying to lure a squirrel into our apartment but I have not been successful. Slowly I have been feeding him saltines everyday and this week he finally came in for just a couple seconds!! Baby steps but he will like us eventually. Also, people are apparently getting REALLY desperate because I cut two Sister's hair this week with kitchen scissors and I have definitely never cut hair before.

We have a super busy day so I don't have too much time but I was reading a really good talk this week titled Forget Me Not by Dieter F. Uchtdorf. In it he says, "Forget not to be patient with yourself. Forget not the difference between good and foolish sacrifices. Forget not to be happy now. Forget not the why of the gospel. Forget not the Lord loves you." I LOVE that so much because Heavenly Father has given us time right now to remember these crucial things. My favorite line is forget not to be happy now. One thing I have come to really realize is that Heavenly Father wants so badly for us to simply have joy right NOW. He has given us so many things that bring us that joy ,most importantly, the gift of His beloved son Jesus Christ and this restored gospel. The gift of the atonement is worth more than words can describe. It is so much more powerful than I ever thought. This week we have had the opportunity to visibly see the enabling power of the atonement. It has brought me so much gratitude and increased my love for my Savior.

One of my favorite verses has become Alma 5:26. "And now behold, I say unto you, my brethren, if ye have experienced a change of heart, and if ye have felt to sing the song of redeeming love, I would ask, can ye feel so now?" One thing that has really been great for me over the past few weeks has been thinking and remembering those moments or experiences that were key turning points in my testimony. Simply thinking about those moments brings back the way I felt and the spirit that came with those special times. When we experience a change of heart it changes us in that moment and it also allows us to reflect on that later and turn us to Him again. Those moments are so special and are definitely blessings from our loving Heavenly Father.

I love every aspect of this gospel and I am so grateful to have the opportunity to grow close to my Savior every day. I love Him.







Popular posts from this blog

"The Lord Loves Effort!"

The Blessed Struggle

"It is written"