Joy Amidst Opposition
I've been out a little over a month yay!! It's been the longest and shortest month ever. Another exciting week which contained a lot of biking, rain, and great weather. The weather around here is kinda weird because one night it snowed and then the next morning it was like beautiful and short sleeves weather. We also had a dinner last night 8 miles away and didn't have the car so it made for quite the exciting evening of biking but we really loved it. We had a lot of lessons fall through this week which created for time to explore our area more and Kentucky is a lot more beautiful than I realized.
I dont have much time so I'm going to keep this brief but one thing that has stood out to me this week from studies was I was reading in 2 Nephi 2:11 which says, "For it must needs be, that there is an opposition in all things. If not so, my firstborn in the wilderness, righteousness could not be brought to pass, neither wickedness, neither holiness nor misery, neither good nor bad. Wherefore, all things must needs be a compound in one." This really stood out to me this week because there has been some opposition but it brightens my day and brings me joy to know that because of opposition we can have righteousness. It just brings me so much peace and comfort to know that opposition is okay and there is always something I can learn from every situation I am thrown in and I know that Heavenly Father helps us so much in those situations. I can truly feel Him helping me daily in small and simple ways which brings me so much joy. Another verse that stood out to me this week was in 2 Nephi 3:8 and it says, "And I will give unto him a commandment that he shall do none other work, save the work which I shall command him. And I will make him great in mine eyes; for he shall do my work." I have really loved this verse this week, it gives me comfort to know that we can be made great in the eyes of God. Sometimes it can be easy to care a lot about how we are viewed in the eyes of everyone else but as I have thought about this verse this week it has made me realize that I really need to only be caring about how great God thinks I am and that is the opinion that matters. I know that this work is important and I know that Heavenly Father can make us great in His eyes and that's an amazing thing to look forward to and an amazing promise.
I dont have much time so I'm going to keep this brief but one thing that has stood out to me this week from studies was I was reading in 2 Nephi 2:11 which says, "For it must needs be, that there is an opposition in all things. If not so, my firstborn in the wilderness, righteousness could not be brought to pass, neither wickedness, neither holiness nor misery, neither good nor bad. Wherefore, all things must needs be a compound in one." This really stood out to me this week because there has been some opposition but it brightens my day and brings me joy to know that because of opposition we can have righteousness. It just brings me so much peace and comfort to know that opposition is okay and there is always something I can learn from every situation I am thrown in and I know that Heavenly Father helps us so much in those situations. I can truly feel Him helping me daily in small and simple ways which brings me so much joy. Another verse that stood out to me this week was in 2 Nephi 3:8 and it says, "And I will give unto him a commandment that he shall do none other work, save the work which I shall command him. And I will make him great in mine eyes; for he shall do my work." I have really loved this verse this week, it gives me comfort to know that we can be made great in the eyes of God. Sometimes it can be easy to care a lot about how we are viewed in the eyes of everyone else but as I have thought about this verse this week it has made me realize that I really need to only be caring about how great God thinks I am and that is the opinion that matters. I know that this work is important and I know that Heavenly Father can make us great in His eyes and that's an amazing thing to look forward to and an amazing promise.







