"I...knew that God could not lie."
What a great week it has been! I'm not even sure where to start, but that's pretty usual. Anyways I'll just start with Sunday. Sunday morning we had ward council (so we thought) at 7:30 but with the daylight savings it was basically at 6:30 and the Elders asked us for a ride so we had to leave our apartment at around 6:45 (5:45) to go get them and then be on time which means we had to wake up at 6:00 (5:00). We got to the church, which is about 30 minutes away from the Elders apartment, and then they proceeded to tell us that ward council was cancelled and that they were just kidding and they wanted to see how long it would take us to realize. Long pointless story later let's just say there were a few tears (actual tears) at the loss of sleep and then a desire to get back at them, so I'll let y'all know how that goes down.
All jokes aside Heavenly Father blessed us in some amazing ways this week. I am amazed every week at the joy he has blessed me with. Enos verse 6 says, "I, Enos, knew that God could not lie." That seems like an obvious thing for us to believe and know but sometimes I find myself doubting that Heavenly Father really will bless us with all of the things he has promised us. Oftentimes it seems to good to be true but I gained a stronger knowledge of that this week. I know everything we are promised will be fulfilled. I've said many times that a mission is so humbling and it gets more humbling every day. I'm pretty sure they make us wear bright yellow safety vests with reflectors and helmets everywhere just to keep us humble. But anyways, 2 Nephi 3:21 says, "and the weakness of their words will I make strong in their faith" I am so grateful for my weaknesses that Heavenly Father can use for good. I'm so grateful to be able to share a message of such great worth and high importance. I am grateful to be a missionary.
This week we were going to visit a man named Jack that we hadn't met yet. We were driving on a road in the outer area of our area and we noticed this house to the right of us, that was ultra creepy and a bit scary with borded up windows and it looked like it was nearly falling down and could be in a horror movie. But as we were looking for Jack's house we realized we had passed it so we turned around and went back to find it and found out it was the scary house that we had commented on earlier. We looked at each other, laughed for a brief moment because of course it was that house, and then proceeded to the door. The most hillbilly Kentucky man lived in that house, quite alarming but I'm glad I could finally meet someone that fit the description of some wild stories I heard before I headed out here. Long story short in just a simple way I'm glad Heavenly Father blessed us with the courage to go to this quite sketch house because Jack is an amazing dude and we love him. Something I have really come to learn is things are usually much different than they seem on the outside.
In the Character of Christ video we watched in the MTC Elder Bednar talks about the passage in Matthew 4 that talks about when Jesus was tempted. In verse 3 it says, "if thou be the son of God, command that these stones be made bread." He talks about how the temptation wasn't to turn the stones into bread but the temptation was to deny being the son of God. That was really on my mind throughout this week. I tried to apply it to my life and something that came to my mind was that when I am tempted to sit around and do nothing all day, Satan isn't tempting me to do nothing, he is tempting me to deny my calling as a missionary and slowly lead me away from Christ. It has been an encouragement this week for me to know that even a simple temptation is something that Jesus Christ understands perfectly and to it's full strength.
Every week I am shown in many ways that God loves every single one of His children. The message of the restoration is so powerful. The countdown has begun leading up to general conference, big YAY!! 26 days!!!
All jokes aside Heavenly Father blessed us in some amazing ways this week. I am amazed every week at the joy he has blessed me with. Enos verse 6 says, "I, Enos, knew that God could not lie." That seems like an obvious thing for us to believe and know but sometimes I find myself doubting that Heavenly Father really will bless us with all of the things he has promised us. Oftentimes it seems to good to be true but I gained a stronger knowledge of that this week. I know everything we are promised will be fulfilled. I've said many times that a mission is so humbling and it gets more humbling every day. I'm pretty sure they make us wear bright yellow safety vests with reflectors and helmets everywhere just to keep us humble. But anyways, 2 Nephi 3:21 says, "and the weakness of their words will I make strong in their faith" I am so grateful for my weaknesses that Heavenly Father can use for good. I'm so grateful to be able to share a message of such great worth and high importance. I am grateful to be a missionary.
This week we were going to visit a man named Jack that we hadn't met yet. We were driving on a road in the outer area of our area and we noticed this house to the right of us, that was ultra creepy and a bit scary with borded up windows and it looked like it was nearly falling down and could be in a horror movie. But as we were looking for Jack's house we realized we had passed it so we turned around and went back to find it and found out it was the scary house that we had commented on earlier. We looked at each other, laughed for a brief moment because of course it was that house, and then proceeded to the door. The most hillbilly Kentucky man lived in that house, quite alarming but I'm glad I could finally meet someone that fit the description of some wild stories I heard before I headed out here. Long story short in just a simple way I'm glad Heavenly Father blessed us with the courage to go to this quite sketch house because Jack is an amazing dude and we love him. Something I have really come to learn is things are usually much different than they seem on the outside.
In the Character of Christ video we watched in the MTC Elder Bednar talks about the passage in Matthew 4 that talks about when Jesus was tempted. In verse 3 it says, "if thou be the son of God, command that these stones be made bread." He talks about how the temptation wasn't to turn the stones into bread but the temptation was to deny being the son of God. That was really on my mind throughout this week. I tried to apply it to my life and something that came to my mind was that when I am tempted to sit around and do nothing all day, Satan isn't tempting me to do nothing, he is tempting me to deny my calling as a missionary and slowly lead me away from Christ. It has been an encouragement this week for me to know that even a simple temptation is something that Jesus Christ understands perfectly and to it's full strength.
Every week I am shown in many ways that God loves every single one of His children. The message of the restoration is so powerful. The countdown has begun leading up to general conference, big YAY!! 26 days!!!







