Reason To Rejoice

I can't believe it's already been 2 months, what!! I only get to do this period of time 8 more times sadly. However, because we lost around 40 missionaries this past week a few areas are combining and closing. We are now over Woodhaven and Indian Trail and are now in a full car area. The best news of all, I am still with Sister West, YAY!! As far as being in our apartment is going we have played a lot of two handed UNO and the 2020 mutual theme album is where it's at.

One quick brief story, This week we were biking back from our dear friends Jane and John's home when we got called to the side of the road by a man and his wife working in their yard. They asked us if we were the missionaries for the Church of Jesus Christ and we said yes. They were very knowledgable people as far as the bible goes and they also knew a lot about the Book of Mormon and they quoted verses from both groups of scripture. We stood there for about 30 minutes while this couple seemed to attack the most important things to me and the things very foundational in my testimony. This was very difficult for me so I said a prayer of comfort and love at that time. I felt a strong feeling of Heavenly Father's love for me protect me from some harsh words. I knew in that moment that He allowed those words to strengthen my testimony and not hinder it. For lack of a better way to describe it I felt Heavenly Father protect my heart, my faith, and my testimony in that moment and verify to me that this restored gospel of Jesus Christ is of complete truth. Biking away from that conversation with that couple I was filled with joy and a sure knowledge of my potential as a daughter of God. I know I received those feelings from my Heavenly Father. I was so grateful to be able to have that moment to feel the love Heavenly Father has for me and for that couple.

Alma 25:35 says, "Now have we not reason to rejoice? Yea, I say unto you, there never were men that had so great reason to rejoice as we, since the world began." I love this verse, even though everything is a little different right now we still have so many reasons to rejoice. Our life on earth is a blessing in itself. One HUGE reason we have to rejoice is that general conference is in 4 days!! YES!!! I am so excited for this amazing opportunity that we have to hear from our beloved loving prophet. I would encourage you all to tune in this Saturday and Sunday, it'll be the greatest experience yet!








Popular posts from this blog

"The Lord Loves Effort!"

The Blessed Struggle

"It is written"