"Come what may, and LOVE IT."
Wow, it's been a bit of a crazy week. If I hear corona one more time... I know everyone is talking about it so I'm going to give my brief thought about it all. I know there is a lot of craziness going on but I'm so grateful that this gives us a chance to realize what is truly important. Sporting events can get cancelled, stores can close, airports can close, anything can close, but nothing will ever stop the joy that we continually get from our loving Savior and the continuation of this wonderful restoration. I'm grateful to be a missionary at this time because it is allowing me to truly realize what is most important above EVERYTHING else. This week I was reading a talk by Joseph B Wirthlin and he says his mother's advice to him when he was younger was "come what may, and love it." This time is exciting, this is allowing us to slow down and focus on the real reason we are here. Trials and challenges are going to come but we can always learn to love it and love this time of growth and learning, YAY!!
This week I gained a stronger testimony of the power of prayer. We were having a difficult time seeing success and we knew that we needed Heavenly Father to guide us so we decided to pray every 10 minutes. So we set a timer every 10 minutes, and I thought I would maybe get annoyed of this timer going off every 10 minutes but it brought so much joy because every time I heard that dumb annoying sound it meant we could be with our Heavenly Father in prayer again. We were nearing the end of the day, still feeling like we had just ran into a bunch of dead ends when we met a woman named Susan. We talked to her for a little bit and she then told us she had just been diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. We then got the opportunity to pray with her and I felt the love and awareness Heavenly Father has for his children so strongly. I know that we were led to meet Susan that day and I know that prayer was something Heavenly Father knew Susan and I needed. I loved our "prayer day" and it truly brought me an amazing amount of comfort and joy, I know Heavenly Father is SO aware of every single one of us.
President Russell M. Nelson said, "Your commitment to follow the Savior by making covenants with Him and then keeping those covenants, will open the door to every spiritual privilege and blessing available to men, women, and children everywhere." I'm so grateful that Heavenly Father desires for us to receive EVERY blessing available to us, not one or two or three hundred and seventy five but all of them. I struggle with words to describe the joy and gratefulness I feel from this gospel and truth.
My heart is full of gratitude this week for so many things. For this gospel, for my Savior Jesus Christ, and for the Prophet Russell M. Nelson and SO much more. I know that he truly is called if God on earth to further His work. There is no coincidence that Come Follow Me came out recently, and everything truly is all apart of Heavenly Fathers perfect plan for us. I also gained a new appreciation for the sacrament and the opportunity we have every week to renew our baptismal covenants and feel joyful and worthy. I am amazed every day at how much Heavenly Father does for me in small and simple ways. I know our life on earth truly is an amazing opportunity and a blessing.
This week I gained a stronger testimony of the power of prayer. We were having a difficult time seeing success and we knew that we needed Heavenly Father to guide us so we decided to pray every 10 minutes. So we set a timer every 10 minutes, and I thought I would maybe get annoyed of this timer going off every 10 minutes but it brought so much joy because every time I heard that dumb annoying sound it meant we could be with our Heavenly Father in prayer again. We were nearing the end of the day, still feeling like we had just ran into a bunch of dead ends when we met a woman named Susan. We talked to her for a little bit and she then told us she had just been diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. We then got the opportunity to pray with her and I felt the love and awareness Heavenly Father has for his children so strongly. I know that we were led to meet Susan that day and I know that prayer was something Heavenly Father knew Susan and I needed. I loved our "prayer day" and it truly brought me an amazing amount of comfort and joy, I know Heavenly Father is SO aware of every single one of us.
President Russell M. Nelson said, "Your commitment to follow the Savior by making covenants with Him and then keeping those covenants, will open the door to every spiritual privilege and blessing available to men, women, and children everywhere." I'm so grateful that Heavenly Father desires for us to receive EVERY blessing available to us, not one or two or three hundred and seventy five but all of them. I struggle with words to describe the joy and gratefulness I feel from this gospel and truth.
My heart is full of gratitude this week for so many things. For this gospel, for my Savior Jesus Christ, and for the Prophet Russell M. Nelson and SO much more. I know that he truly is called if God on earth to further His work. There is no coincidence that Come Follow Me came out recently, and everything truly is all apart of Heavenly Fathers perfect plan for us. I also gained a new appreciation for the sacrament and the opportunity we have every week to renew our baptismal covenants and feel joyful and worthy. I am amazed every day at how much Heavenly Father does for me in small and simple ways. I know our life on earth truly is an amazing opportunity and a blessing.












