kweilok eo elap!

first off- conference was SO good!! we are so blessed to be able to hear the loving guidance of modern day prophets & apostles. in marshallese general conference is called kweilok eo elap which directly translated means "the big meeting." which for some reason I really loved because it is such a big meeting as far as nations across the entire world are watching & it's spiritually big for each person individually. conference is such a special experience because everybody hears the same thing but the spirit speaks different things to our hearts personally. it is so amazing to see & feel how much God loves us individually & as a whole.
thought- one of my favorite talks in conference was by Michelle D. Craig (btw we watched conference with her brother, SO fun!!) BUT anyways I loved how she talked about the pure love of Christ & seeing others as Christ sees them & how important it is to show people we love them & to show them their Savior loves them. one of the biggest blessings to me is when God blesses me w/ the ability to feel just a fraction of what he feels for a specific child of His. just being able to feel his love in a small fraction for that person makes my heart so happy & full & there is few things better in this world then feeling just a portion of God's love for us & the rest of His children. His love is SO personal, I can promise you that.

experience- also this week I had a fat learning experience that I needed. I had a wake up call to the fact that this is the Lord's work & plan and not mine. Moses 1:39 states well that God's purpose is to bring to pass the immortality & eternal life of man & in D&C 11:20 the Lord is instructing Hyrum Smith as he says, "Behold, this is your work, to keep my commandments, yea, with all your might, mind and strength." my purpose is simply to be obedient so in turn I don't need to carry certain disappointments on my back. the Savior sorrows w/ us & when we think we have fallen short of what the Lord has asked us to do we can have confidence in the fact that our success is not tied to anything visible, it is simply tied to our inner commitment to align our will & life with Heavenly Father. God has not asked me to bring exactly 367 people or even 5 into his fold, i do not have to worry about that, God has got that part covered. he has simply asked me to serve w/ my heart, might, mind & strength & to be obedient and that I can do. through that we are so blessed to be able to witness and be apart of HIS work, I am so grateful he has allowed me a space & responsibility in his work & fold.

















Popular posts from this blog

"The Lord Loves Effort!"

The Blessed Struggle

"It is written"