Evansville Is Heavensville

what a CRAZY week. I feel like my mission kinda got flipped upside down a little. in the BEST way of course. not gonna lie the marshallese people are the greatest people. we met with a group of missionaries up here doing the marshallese work to figure out how it's all going to work. & before I got here the sisters were kind of doing 20% marshallese and 80% English but they decided we would be going 100% marshallese so that will be quite the adjustment....BUT awesome !! plus we don't really have an area they just said wherever the marshallese people are that is where you are. YAY !!
so I had my first marshallese lesson not even 24 hours after I got here and I really only knew like 10 words so I used those 10 words but I was kinda in shock the whole time because I was like wow I know nothing & how will I ever understand any of this. and she said something to me in English and I was so in shock I didn't know it was English and I just stared at her and smiled, very embarrassing. but that'll happen. a day or so after that the elders asked me to give a prayer at a marshallese baptism....for some reason that was terrifying but i did it & one thing that is amazing is that the marshallese people are the nicest people that exist. even if I just say a couple words to them they get SO excited and say wow you really know marshallese. I just love them SO so much wow.

throughout my mission I really haven't had the opportunity to teach very many children and this week we got to A LOT & I loved it so much. we were teaching this little 5 year old named Charlie and we were teaching him the gospel of Jesus Christ and I was explaining the Holy Ghost to him and I said do you ever feel super warm and happy inside and he said yes I feel it right now & it was just the sweetest thing, little children are the absolute best. a couple days after that we were at their house for Charlie's 6th birthday party and we walked up to me and tapped me and said remember when we talked about the steps to Jesus? well I felt the Holy Ghost last night. I LOVE how God blessed him with the recognition that that peaceful feeling he felt was from Him. what a special little boy, I love him.

one lesson I have learned this week is the importance of relying on the strength of the Lord because I would be so lost without that right now. one of the hardest things for me is to not be able to express that I love these people and that their Savior loves them because I can't speak. I also learned that it's not so important what you say but the spirit that can be felt. D&C 6:32 says, "Verily, verily, I say unto you, as I said unto my disciples, where two or three are gathered together in my name, as touching one thing, behold, there will I be in the midst of them—even so am I in the midst of you." i love that verse because sometimes I will say things wrong or won't be able to say what I would fully like to express but the most important part is that when we are gathered in His name He will be with us. I may not be able to speak very well or even at all but one thing I can do is gather in His name and always focus on Him.

focusing on the Savior brings unbelievable strength and I know that if you spend time to focus on Him this week you will see His hand clearly guiding your life.














Popular posts from this blog

"The Lord Loves Effort!"

The Blessed Struggle

"It is written"