Bok in Mormon

We had a super cool opportunity to be apart of a mission tour thing where Elder Matthew Holland & Elder Aidukaitus called into our mission twice this week to do some training. it was such a amazing experience. at the beginning one of the missionaries made a reference to Elder Holland's "first & only talk" and then he chimed in very excited and said "hey but stay tuned the second one is coming next month" so just a heads up, stay tuned for October's conference, he is a spiritual giant!! anyhoo, they talked A LOT about charity & how crucial that is to all we do. I LOVED the way that Elder Holland talked about charity !! I loved that he talked about the importance of diligent prayer in gaining charity. & that charity is obedience & it drives us to want to do everything we can to follow all the commandments God has given us because they are just there to help us. he said "having charity for the people we teach & serve will change our teaching & our mission & our life." we are SO so blessed as we show our love and appreciation to the Savior by striving to be obedient & continually striving for charity!! charity will make us fearless as it strengthens our faith in the enabling power of the atonement.

When we were on the call an elder who was serving in South Korea was explaining our agency related to happiness. He said when he was in the MTC he would say I'll be happy once I am in the field & then when he got to the field he said I will be happy once I'm out of training & then when he got out of training he thought okay I will be happy once I can speak the language & then he said he came to realize he was in the habit of putting happiness outside of his realm of possibility. I LOVED that so much. I have definitely found myself doing that in my life @ times but happiness is always a possibility & it can always be present as we strive for it and as we focus on the Savior. even amidst difficulty and sorrow we can feel the state of peace & rest we receive from faithfully following Jesus Christ. if we are righteous we are promised that state of rest after this life yet we are also blessed with rest & joy in this life, right now. konke anij ej lukkuun iakwe aelop armej ro !!

ALSO we met this amazing woman last night !! we were going to visit one of our friends and they weren't home but her mom was home and let us come in and study with her. we were asking her about her daughter who was pregnant but her mom seemed to be confused. well needless to say we were saying diarrhea instead of pregnant so that was super awesome.... but eventually we figured it out haha & she was catching on. but !! we read a little out of the Bok in Mormon w/ her & we told her we would come back & talk about Christ's ministry in the Americas found in 3 Nephi 11 and she just flipped to it and started reading it and just wouldn't stop reading it and it was so cool to see her just feel the joy & spirit of the Bok in Mormon. what a blessing!!

Another week where I have been so incredibly blessed to have the opportunity to serve my Savior. there are definitely moments where I take this opportunity for granted but I am more than grateful to be here & I can't imagine being anywhere else right now, I love these people w all my heart, they are so special to me & to their Heavenly Father.







Popular posts from this blog

"The Lord Loves Effort!"

The Blessed Struggle

"It is written"