Sunday Will Come
We are already halfway through this transfer which blows my mind....I love Sister Brunsdale and for some reason I just really think we might only get one transfer together which is sad:(
well this week I learned a lesson. a really important lesson. my comp and I since the beginning of the transfer have made it our goal to be as exactly obedient as we can, so we have been praying a lot for that. & we definitely learned about obedience. we had an instance where we were able to learn exactly how important obedience is. so just be aware that whatever you pray for you might just learn it good, and maybe not in the funnest way. in a sense the gospel is all about obedience and following the path that Heavenly Father has for us. SO SO SO many blessings come from following that path. I know for a fact that God knows us so perfectly and so well, when he asks us to do certain things it should bring us joy that an all knowing God is giving us so much direction. we are so blessed to be able to have those guiding commandments that keep us on His covenant path & that allow us to feel His eternal joy.
#1 highlight of the week- Thursday morning my companion got a message from her friend saying, "hey I just know you're going to have a good day, I'm feeling it." & we were like okay right because we have just not been having visible success so we were kind of down. BUT we were studying with one of our friends right outside her house and her sister in law came outside and just asked if she could read with us and we were like YES of course !! and we had just finished reading but we pretended we hadn't started and so we were able to read Mosiah 5 and talk about how the Savior has the ability to change us and our desires. it was so special. we asked her if she would be able to close us with a prayer and she said yes, YAY!! she got very emotional and said through tears, "thank you so much for never abandoning me because I definitely abandoned you." and I just loved her humility and recognition of Heavenly Father's unconditional love and guidance. i was so grateful to be able to be there, the spirit was so strong as we were able to all speak of how important and crucial the Savior is in our lives. I know Heavenly Father was aware that I needed to be there and that she needed to be there so that we could both feel of His love and spirit. thankful for Sister B's friend knowing what's up.
I was able to continue studying a bit in Matthew this week. I was at the very end so I was able to read about the atonement. it was very special for me to be able to spend so much time studying the Savior and his ministry especially the atonement. The very last chapter of Matthew is one of my favorites, the joy of the resurrection is so visible and evident in this chapter. at the very beginning of this chapter Mary Magdalene and Mary are at the sepulchre and they hear that Jesus has risen. in verse 8 it says, "And they departed quickly from the sepulchre with fear and great joy; and did run to bring his disciples word." I LOVE their joy and urgency about the Savior's resurrection. it encourages me to feel the same. when I was studying this chapter I read something that Joseph B. Wirthlin said. "I think of how dark that Friday was when Christ was lifted up on the cross... I think that of all days since the beginning of this world's history, that Friday was the darkest. each of us will have our own Fridays- those days when the universe itself seems shattered and shards if our world lie littered about us in pieces. we all will experience those broken times when it seems we can never be put together again. we will all have our Fridays. but I testify to you in the name of the One who conquered death- Sunday will come. in the darkness if sorrow, Sunday will come. no matter our desperation, no matter our grief, Sunday will come. in this life or the next, Sunday will come. because if it Beloved Redeemer, we can lift up our voices, even in the midst of our darkest Fridays and proclaim, 'o death, where is thy sting? o grave, where is thy victory?'" sometimes I feel like the world right now is experiencing somewhat of a Friday or even we may be experiencing a Friday personally as well but I KNOW Sunday will come for you, for me, and for the world. the greater the darkness of the Fridays the greater the peace, joy, light, and redeeming love our Sundays will bring.
well this week I learned a lesson. a really important lesson. my comp and I since the beginning of the transfer have made it our goal to be as exactly obedient as we can, so we have been praying a lot for that. & we definitely learned about obedience. we had an instance where we were able to learn exactly how important obedience is. so just be aware that whatever you pray for you might just learn it good, and maybe not in the funnest way. in a sense the gospel is all about obedience and following the path that Heavenly Father has for us. SO SO SO many blessings come from following that path. I know for a fact that God knows us so perfectly and so well, when he asks us to do certain things it should bring us joy that an all knowing God is giving us so much direction. we are so blessed to be able to have those guiding commandments that keep us on His covenant path & that allow us to feel His eternal joy.
#1 highlight of the week- Thursday morning my companion got a message from her friend saying, "hey I just know you're going to have a good day, I'm feeling it." & we were like okay right because we have just not been having visible success so we were kind of down. BUT we were studying with one of our friends right outside her house and her sister in law came outside and just asked if she could read with us and we were like YES of course !! and we had just finished reading but we pretended we hadn't started and so we were able to read Mosiah 5 and talk about how the Savior has the ability to change us and our desires. it was so special. we asked her if she would be able to close us with a prayer and she said yes, YAY!! she got very emotional and said through tears, "thank you so much for never abandoning me because I definitely abandoned you." and I just loved her humility and recognition of Heavenly Father's unconditional love and guidance. i was so grateful to be able to be there, the spirit was so strong as we were able to all speak of how important and crucial the Savior is in our lives. I know Heavenly Father was aware that I needed to be there and that she needed to be there so that we could both feel of His love and spirit. thankful for Sister B's friend knowing what's up.
I was able to continue studying a bit in Matthew this week. I was at the very end so I was able to read about the atonement. it was very special for me to be able to spend so much time studying the Savior and his ministry especially the atonement. The very last chapter of Matthew is one of my favorites, the joy of the resurrection is so visible and evident in this chapter. at the very beginning of this chapter Mary Magdalene and Mary are at the sepulchre and they hear that Jesus has risen. in verse 8 it says, "And they departed quickly from the sepulchre with fear and great joy; and did run to bring his disciples word." I LOVE their joy and urgency about the Savior's resurrection. it encourages me to feel the same. when I was studying this chapter I read something that Joseph B. Wirthlin said. "I think of how dark that Friday was when Christ was lifted up on the cross... I think that of all days since the beginning of this world's history, that Friday was the darkest. each of us will have our own Fridays- those days when the universe itself seems shattered and shards if our world lie littered about us in pieces. we all will experience those broken times when it seems we can never be put together again. we will all have our Fridays. but I testify to you in the name of the One who conquered death- Sunday will come. in the darkness if sorrow, Sunday will come. no matter our desperation, no matter our grief, Sunday will come. in this life or the next, Sunday will come. because if it Beloved Redeemer, we can lift up our voices, even in the midst of our darkest Fridays and proclaim, 'o death, where is thy sting? o grave, where is thy victory?'" sometimes I feel like the world right now is experiencing somewhat of a Friday or even we may be experiencing a Friday personally as well but I KNOW Sunday will come for you, for me, and for the world. the greater the darkness of the Fridays the greater the peace, joy, light, and redeeming love our Sundays will bring.





