Waiting For The Fourth Watch
HAPPY late FOURTH!! I am so so grateful for the freedoms that we have that allow me to be out here and to share the gospel. we are so very BLESSED.
it was interesting to be out here on the fourth of July, we had to be home by 6 PM BUT we got to help someone grill all the food for their family barbecue YUMMMM & we grabbed lunch and ate it @ a lake- it was kinda a sketchy lake but that's okay! oh & we did some good ole smore roasting over the stove and watched everybody else's fireworks from our parking lot. and of course we threw some snaps poppy firework things. so GOOD day!!
we also got to meet President and Sister Alder this week and they are absolutely amazing. I LOVE them and I am so so excited for the next 13 months!! when we met them they told us when they got married they used Matthew 6:33 as their guiding verse- it says, "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." we are so so blessed as we put our desires to strive for righteousness above ALL else !! wow
it's been good to finally be back in Woodhaven- it's been kinda rough because nobody was really in the area last transfer so we kinda had to start from nothing. we haven't had much luck this past week which has been kind of hard. I think one of the hardest things for me about my mission has been not seeing the effects of my efforts or not feeling like I am really impacting anyone. but one thing I do know is that the most important thing is our efforts and no effort is wasted !!
so funny thing, we were setting goals at the beginning of the transfer and I said I need to clean up my slang and Sister Brunsdale says, "me too, yo....I mean sister."
we were on a video call lesson with the Elders and with our recent convert and he had said something super cool while bearing his testimony and one of the Elders said, "ooooo you just gave me chicken skin bro." quite hilarious & as I thought about it more it made me laugh more but it was also so COOL to see how his testimony has grown since we started teaching him. I know the atonement of Jesus Christ heals and changes us. he is such an example and a miracle to me.
while studying in Matthew this week I came across a story I LOVE in Chapter 14. the disciples are on the ship in the middle of the sea and they are amidst a huge storm with large waves. in verse 25 it says that Jesus appeared on the fourth watch. back in that day the Roman's divided the night watches into 4 segments. the disciples suffered through the storm all night and the Savior decided to come on the very last watch. speaking of this Susan W. Tanner said, "miracles do come, though sometimes not until the fourth watch." I absolutely LOVE this. if the Savior came to take away any difficulty right when we received it we would not grow or progress nearly as much as we would love to. however he always promises he will never leave us comfortless. in those moments that are hard and he relieves me on the fourth watch, during the first three watches I feel SO close to my Savior and I am so blessed to be able to have those special moments of growth with him.
it was interesting to be out here on the fourth of July, we had to be home by 6 PM BUT we got to help someone grill all the food for their family barbecue YUMMMM & we grabbed lunch and ate it @ a lake- it was kinda a sketchy lake but that's okay! oh & we did some good ole smore roasting over the stove and watched everybody else's fireworks from our parking lot. and of course we threw some snaps poppy firework things. so GOOD day!!
we also got to meet President and Sister Alder this week and they are absolutely amazing. I LOVE them and I am so so excited for the next 13 months!! when we met them they told us when they got married they used Matthew 6:33 as their guiding verse- it says, "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." we are so so blessed as we put our desires to strive for righteousness above ALL else !! wow
it's been good to finally be back in Woodhaven- it's been kinda rough because nobody was really in the area last transfer so we kinda had to start from nothing. we haven't had much luck this past week which has been kind of hard. I think one of the hardest things for me about my mission has been not seeing the effects of my efforts or not feeling like I am really impacting anyone. but one thing I do know is that the most important thing is our efforts and no effort is wasted !!
so funny thing, we were setting goals at the beginning of the transfer and I said I need to clean up my slang and Sister Brunsdale says, "me too, yo....I mean sister."
we were on a video call lesson with the Elders and with our recent convert and he had said something super cool while bearing his testimony and one of the Elders said, "ooooo you just gave me chicken skin bro." quite hilarious & as I thought about it more it made me laugh more but it was also so COOL to see how his testimony has grown since we started teaching him. I know the atonement of Jesus Christ heals and changes us. he is such an example and a miracle to me.
while studying in Matthew this week I came across a story I LOVE in Chapter 14. the disciples are on the ship in the middle of the sea and they are amidst a huge storm with large waves. in verse 25 it says that Jesus appeared on the fourth watch. back in that day the Roman's divided the night watches into 4 segments. the disciples suffered through the storm all night and the Savior decided to come on the very last watch. speaking of this Susan W. Tanner said, "miracles do come, though sometimes not until the fourth watch." I absolutely LOVE this. if the Savior came to take away any difficulty right when we received it we would not grow or progress nearly as much as we would love to. however he always promises he will never leave us comfortless. in those moments that are hard and he relieves me on the fourth watch, during the first three watches I feel SO close to my Savior and I am so blessed to be able to have those special moments of growth with him.







