Fear to Faith

highlight#1- monday we were washing our car in preparation for zone conference and we pulled up to one of those car washes with the vacuum things. I had pulled out the mats and was vacuuming them with the long vacuum handle thing. however I was wearing quite a flowy dress and I wasnt paying that great of attention apparently and I definitely accidentally sucked it up into the vacuum and it definitely got stuck and I definitely flashed some people. yikes.

highlight#2- sunday afternoon we joined a zoom meeting with ALL the leaders in the stake, all the missionaries, and then some more people so there was about 130 people. we were just comfortably listening when we heard, "we are now excited to hear from our sisters in the Louisville 6th ward, Sister Brunsdale and Sister Hollist."........WHAT. yeah didn't see that one coming, needless to say we were certainly not prepared. thankfully we heard what he said we were supposed to be training on. and THANK goodness for the guidance of the Spirit.

miracle!!- we were a bit sick on Friday and had to stay in all day which was sad. but we walked outside around 8 to go check the mail and our neighbor was outside and we asked her how she was doing and she just really opened up about her struggles and we had the opportunity to pray with her and to really feel the Savior's love for her. through tears she expressed her gratitude for prayer and we asked if we could come by and start studying scripture with her and she said yes!! what a miracle, we were stuck inside all day and Heavenly Father still blessed us with the little time that we had to be outside. I am so grateful for moments like those that confirm to me that Heavenly Father is ALWAYS aware of all of His children and He wants them all to experience the eternal joy of the restored gospel.

wow of the week!!- zone conference was so amazing!! at the very start of zone conference we were asked to write down a question we wanted the answer to by the end of the conference. my question was how can I serve the Lord without fear? and Sister Alder was the first person to speak and she talked about the principle of fear to faith. she said that oftentimes the obstacle between us and faith is our expectation of ourselves to be perfect or our fear of imperfection. & that when we do that we take God out of the equation. and it really just showed me that I am trying more to be perfect though my own efforts than relying on the strength of our Savior. as I rely on His strength and not my own I can turn from fear to faith. I know that Heavenly Father wants to help us and that was a huge answer to my prayer because it has been something i have been struggling with this transfer.

thought!!- during our seminar on sunday one of the leaders mentioned that the reason we are still seeing success in the spreading of the gospel right now is because of all of the prayers. and I remember at the beginning of all of this I just wondered how are we ever going to find people if we cant go out and talk to people or knock doors. and it truly is that power of prayer and inviting the Savior to be apart of your work daily. we truly have seen so many miracles and its because of the Savior's help, not because of anything we do. I was reading in Luke 5 this week where it talks about the story of Peter fishing and not finding success. in verse 5 it says, "and Simon answering said unto him, Master, we have toiled all the night. and have taken nothing nevertheless at thy word I will let down the net." after that he casts his net where Jesus had instructed him "they enclosed a great multitude if fishes: and their net brake." now logically you would think well Simon Peter already cast his net there and had no success, but it wasnt his casting that brought success it was the intervention of the Savior. those prayers of all of those people right now asking for the intervention of the Savior are SO powerful. we wouldn't think logically that we could do this but with the Savior those miracles happen, so keep praying! I've noticed a running pattern of myself sometimes unknowingly taking the Savior out of the equation. as I get concerned with how things are going to progress in His kingdom I need to always remember that His work will ALWAYS be progressing forward and we are so lucky to be apart of it. prayer is so so powerful.

the biggest lesson I learned this week is to center everything around Him. involve Him in ALL you do and you will be shocked at the way that your life is blessed and changes. He will be able to turn your fear to faith. so simple and so amazing!! I am so grateful for the Savior's unconditional love and constant support and friendship.










Popular posts from this blog

"The Lord Loves Effort!"

The Blessed Struggle

"It is written"