Purpose Without A Path
Yesterday marked 1 month in "shelter" and honestly it felt like a year and a week. Looking back on the month I can't believe how much happened. I'm not going to lie to yall there were certainly many moments that I thought "what am I actually doing out here?" In those moments Heavenly Father quickly showed me exactly why I am here and showed me I need to be grateful. This whole thing has made me realize how much we have to be grateful for every single day. I'm grateful that we have a loving Heavenly Father who has blessed us with simply the ability to progress, not only in this life but in the life to come. Just a simple blessing of progression has brought me so much purpose and joy this week. It's so so amazing how perfect Heavenly Father's plan for us is because it ALWAYS gives us something to work towards. There are many instances in my life where I have worked really hard to achieve something and then once gotten it, it didn't bring me as much lasting happiness as I thought it would, but we never have to feel like that with Heavenly Father. That is one destination we can always work towards that will ALWAYS allow us to find every lasting happiness. When we return home after all our work and our effort here on earth, our joy will be ultimately full forever. No effort is wasted. Every effort we make here on earth makes our joy in eternity even that much greater.
This past week we had a random number call us and she said she was having a really difficult time and she was looking for the missionaries in her ward. We helped her find them and then sent them her number so they could call her. They called her but it wouldn't go through because it said it was an international number or something so they asked us to try her but it did the same thing for us. They texted us right after that and told us that we should both pray right now and hopefully she will hear the prompting and call one of us soon. Right after, we all knelt down to pray it wasn't too long after that that she contacted us! I am so grateful for this simple experience and blessing that helped me remember how grateful I am for the gift of the power of prayer. I know that Heavenly Father has so many blessings just waiting for us that are conditional upon our asking. I read something this week that said ,"If we have a difficult task before us, Heavenly Father is pleased when we get on our knees and ask for help and then get on our feet and go to work." I love that so much because Heavenly Father LOVES helping us, and we will always be blessed for following Him by getting on our feet and going to work.
One thing this past month I have struggled with has been the ability to put my feelings into words. Helaman 5:44 says, "and they were filled with that joy which is unspeakable." That joy that we receive from our Heavenly Father is unspeakable and it is the most cherishable form of joy. I am grateful for the ability that we have to feel such a high level of joy that we can't even put it into words. I love Him for blessing me with that and SO much more!
This past week we had a random number call us and she said she was having a really difficult time and she was looking for the missionaries in her ward. We helped her find them and then sent them her number so they could call her. They called her but it wouldn't go through because it said it was an international number or something so they asked us to try her but it did the same thing for us. They texted us right after that and told us that we should both pray right now and hopefully she will hear the prompting and call one of us soon. Right after, we all knelt down to pray it wasn't too long after that that she contacted us! I am so grateful for this simple experience and blessing that helped me remember how grateful I am for the gift of the power of prayer. I know that Heavenly Father has so many blessings just waiting for us that are conditional upon our asking. I read something this week that said ,"If we have a difficult task before us, Heavenly Father is pleased when we get on our knees and ask for help and then get on our feet and go to work." I love that so much because Heavenly Father LOVES helping us, and we will always be blessed for following Him by getting on our feet and going to work.
One thing this past month I have struggled with has been the ability to put my feelings into words. Helaman 5:44 says, "and they were filled with that joy which is unspeakable." That joy that we receive from our Heavenly Father is unspeakable and it is the most cherishable form of joy. I am grateful for the ability that we have to feel such a high level of joy that we can't even put it into words. I love Him for blessing me with that and SO much more!

