The MTC Grind
This week has flown by but also somewhat felt like about a year. It's been a tough week but also one of the best weeks. Sometimes I feel like I am trying to drink out of fire hydrant and attempting to get as much as I can, of course not getting it all, but I have honestly LOVED it.
Highlights from this week would definitely have to be:
1: We had Indian food for dinner, TWICE
2: I learned that I have a lot to learn (but that's okay)
3: I got a lot of sleep of course
4: I ate a lot of bagels
5: We had class outside one day!!
I'm having a difficult time putting into words the feelings I have felt this week. Even though I am just eating, sleeping, and learning I have felt an unreal level of joy and happiness just to be having the opportunity to be here. Even though my days don't sound all that exciting I couldn't imagine myself being anywhere else and they are more than exciting to me. I have learned so much in such a short time and it has been incredibly humbling. I know I couldn't be doing this if it weren't for our loving Heavenly Father. Some days have been a bit overwhelming but in the best way possible but I am grateful for the challenges because they have brought me closer to my Savior. My teacher this week encouraged me to write a thank you note to Jesus Christ. As I began to do that I realized how much I have to be thankful for and that this note could be endless. I began to think about what my life would be like without the fullness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and I know I would be incredibly lost.
We have devotionals every Sunday and Wednesday which are so eye opening. On Sunday we were sitting in the very back and the ushers moved us to the front because they said they wanted to fill the front for Dieter F. Uchtdorf so as you can imagine we got VERY excited. We proceeded to move to the front and then they said, "We will now hear from Elder Uchtdorf." We watched, with great excitement, as he spoke but nobody was at the pulpit, after MUCH confusion we realized we were watching a video and he wasn't actually here. I think they thought that was quite funny but we had a different opinion on that. Despite that mixup the devotional was so good, and we were so grateful to hear from him. His words were powerful. One thing that really stuck out to me that he said was that, "Heavenly Father uses our imperfect efforts for His perfect plan." What a joy and comfort to know that our imperfect actions and sincerest righteous desires can be used for good in His perfect plan.
We get the opportunity to go to class everyday from 1:45-4:45 and then 5:30-8:30. I surprisingly LOVE class so much and I haven't even fallen asleep once, very different from high school. I have class with my district of 4 Elders and 8 Sisters who all have an incredible love for the gospel and their Heavenly Father which has strengthened my testimony everyday. What a testament it has been to me in just seeing the number of people here who are all here for the same purpose. Heavenly Father's love for His children is so powerful and more impactful than I ever realized before. One wall of our classroom is mainly windows, and right outside our windows we have a perfect view of the mountains. I am beyond grateful for this earth that Jesus Christ created for us under the direction of our loving Heavenly Father. How grateful I am to get to sit somewhere everyday where I can see God's beautiful creation as I learn more of His gospel and perfect plan for us.
I've met 5 people headed out to Kentucky the same day as me and in just 10 quick days we will be on a plane headed to Kentucky!! I love you all and hope you have an amazing week.
Highlights from this week would definitely have to be:
1: We had Indian food for dinner, TWICE
2: I learned that I have a lot to learn (but that's okay)
3: I got a lot of sleep of course
4: I ate a lot of bagels
5: We had class outside one day!!
I'm having a difficult time putting into words the feelings I have felt this week. Even though I am just eating, sleeping, and learning I have felt an unreal level of joy and happiness just to be having the opportunity to be here. Even though my days don't sound all that exciting I couldn't imagine myself being anywhere else and they are more than exciting to me. I have learned so much in such a short time and it has been incredibly humbling. I know I couldn't be doing this if it weren't for our loving Heavenly Father. Some days have been a bit overwhelming but in the best way possible but I am grateful for the challenges because they have brought me closer to my Savior. My teacher this week encouraged me to write a thank you note to Jesus Christ. As I began to do that I realized how much I have to be thankful for and that this note could be endless. I began to think about what my life would be like without the fullness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and I know I would be incredibly lost.
We have devotionals every Sunday and Wednesday which are so eye opening. On Sunday we were sitting in the very back and the ushers moved us to the front because they said they wanted to fill the front for Dieter F. Uchtdorf so as you can imagine we got VERY excited. We proceeded to move to the front and then they said, "We will now hear from Elder Uchtdorf." We watched, with great excitement, as he spoke but nobody was at the pulpit, after MUCH confusion we realized we were watching a video and he wasn't actually here. I think they thought that was quite funny but we had a different opinion on that. Despite that mixup the devotional was so good, and we were so grateful to hear from him. His words were powerful. One thing that really stuck out to me that he said was that, "Heavenly Father uses our imperfect efforts for His perfect plan." What a joy and comfort to know that our imperfect actions and sincerest righteous desires can be used for good in His perfect plan.
We get the opportunity to go to class everyday from 1:45-4:45 and then 5:30-8:30. I surprisingly LOVE class so much and I haven't even fallen asleep once, very different from high school. I have class with my district of 4 Elders and 8 Sisters who all have an incredible love for the gospel and their Heavenly Father which has strengthened my testimony everyday. What a testament it has been to me in just seeing the number of people here who are all here for the same purpose. Heavenly Father's love for His children is so powerful and more impactful than I ever realized before. One wall of our classroom is mainly windows, and right outside our windows we have a perfect view of the mountains. I am beyond grateful for this earth that Jesus Christ created for us under the direction of our loving Heavenly Father. How grateful I am to get to sit somewhere everyday where I can see God's beautiful creation as I learn more of His gospel and perfect plan for us.
I've met 5 people headed out to Kentucky the same day as me and in just 10 quick days we will be on a plane headed to Kentucky!! I love you all and hope you have an amazing week.




