Reflections of the Master
Only 3 more days YAY! Another amazing week of eating, sleeping, and going to class. Once again it is hard to specifically describe the feelings that I am having. This week I was thinking of that quote that says something like I wish God would sit me down on my bed and tell me exactly what I should do and this week kinda made me think a little bit deeper about that. I always thought oh yeah I would love that to happen, and I would love that, but honestly I'm grateful that God answers our prayers in the ways He does because the feelings I get make me feel much stronger than words could and that's why they are hard to put into words. I am grateful for the feelings I can get from the spirit that allows me to feel so strongly about how much I really love the gospel.
We had the opportunity to hear from Sharon Eubank on Sunday for our devotional and I LOVE her. One thing I loved that she talked about was a certain type of clay sculpting (I can't remember what it is called) where if clay bowls get broken the maker will glue it back together and then seal the cracks with gold so they become more valuable and stronger than before. I loved that she talked about that because it really reminded me of what Jesus Christ can do in our lives, if we have been broken or hurt by something we can become more valuable and stronger than before through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I REALLY loved that. She also said something that has come to my mind often this week, she said, "her life is a masterpiece because it reflects her Master." What an amazing thing we can strive for, I would love to be able to say that my life reflects God. I also love the fact that if our lives reflect God that is what can make our lives masterpieces, not anything else. We got the amazing opportunity to attend the temple today, and it was a BEAUTIFUL day. It is always great to get a reminder of why we are here on earth and what amazing joys beyond our imagination we have to look forward to as we act in faith and strive daily to live in accordance with Jesus Christ's teachings.
I am excited to get to Kentucky but I am going to miss the MTC, I have really loved it all. The early mornings, hours of class, cold weather, and everything else. However, I am not going to miss the cafeteria food. I am also not really going to miss the MTC cat which is a random cat that just roams around and people touch it and feed it and I'm not sure where it came from so I haven't participated in the petting or feeding of the cat. (sorry to all cat lovers)
Oh, I have one last very important piece of information. The other day at breakfast I was talking to Sister Franklin (she is the greatest) and we were talking about different things that people call their grandparents and another sister said she wanted her grandkids to call her grandmother and it sounded really proper so Sister Franklin proceeded to say "hello grandmother" in a British accent multiple times. Then an older Sister who was probably around 70 walks past us and says "hello, how was your day?" back to us in a British accent as if implying we were calling her grandmother and then just walked away, and we haven't seen her since sadly. You probably had to be there but I thought it was absolutely hilarious and fantastic.
We had the opportunity to hear from Sharon Eubank on Sunday for our devotional and I LOVE her. One thing I loved that she talked about was a certain type of clay sculpting (I can't remember what it is called) where if clay bowls get broken the maker will glue it back together and then seal the cracks with gold so they become more valuable and stronger than before. I loved that she talked about that because it really reminded me of what Jesus Christ can do in our lives, if we have been broken or hurt by something we can become more valuable and stronger than before through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I REALLY loved that. She also said something that has come to my mind often this week, she said, "her life is a masterpiece because it reflects her Master." What an amazing thing we can strive for, I would love to be able to say that my life reflects God. I also love the fact that if our lives reflect God that is what can make our lives masterpieces, not anything else. We got the amazing opportunity to attend the temple today, and it was a BEAUTIFUL day. It is always great to get a reminder of why we are here on earth and what amazing joys beyond our imagination we have to look forward to as we act in faith and strive daily to live in accordance with Jesus Christ's teachings.
I am excited to get to Kentucky but I am going to miss the MTC, I have really loved it all. The early mornings, hours of class, cold weather, and everything else. However, I am not going to miss the cafeteria food. I am also not really going to miss the MTC cat which is a random cat that just roams around and people touch it and feed it and I'm not sure where it came from so I haven't participated in the petting or feeding of the cat. (sorry to all cat lovers)
Oh, I have one last very important piece of information. The other day at breakfast I was talking to Sister Franklin (she is the greatest) and we were talking about different things that people call their grandparents and another sister said she wanted her grandkids to call her grandmother and it sounded really proper so Sister Franklin proceeded to say "hello grandmother" in a British accent multiple times. Then an older Sister who was probably around 70 walks past us and says "hello, how was your day?" back to us in a British accent as if implying we were calling her grandmother and then just walked away, and we haven't seen her since sadly. You probably had to be there but I thought it was absolutely hilarious and fantastic.











